Why Maskcara?

Let me start off by saying I was never really one for makeup. I danced from the ages of 3-22 and HATED stage makeup which led me to shy away from makeup in general.

My skin was also prone to breakouts when I was younger and anyone who has acne-prone skin knows you keep that skin as clean as you can! And avoid irritating it!
To me, makeup meant:
Another breakout…
Which meant wanting to cover it up…
Which meant more makeup
Which meant more breakout
So it’s safe to safe I did NOT use makeup.

I also did not like how you could easily tell when a girl was wearing makeup. It became common with people my age to fear makeup that looks cakey. So, to avoid breakouts and social mishaps, I just avoided makeup.

Over the years I got a pretty decent skin care routine under my belt and never really touched makeup again except for a performance (when it was mandatory) or the light powder and mascara.

So…

You may be wondering what drove me to try AND join Maskcara (a makeup brand). Well let me tell you!

1. Youtube

I work night shift at a hospital and live with my parents. This means that on nights I am home, I am usually in my room on my computer making as little noise as possible.

One night I was on Youtube (like many nights) and watching videos on makeup. I find it fascinating how some people are so creative and can look like a completely different person or creature (like with makeups done to make a person look like an alien or zombie or werewolf for movies) after applying an astounding amount of makeup. So, after many videos of that I started researching simple makeup. I think what I searched was “contouring made easy.” And somewhere down the line I stumbled upon a Maskcara artist showing me how to use the makeup.

I was amazed at how easy she made it look and searched for Maskcara videos…. down the Maskcara rabbit hole! Long story short, after watching hours of these videos I decided I needed to try it.

2. The Makeup

I bought the makeup, and this is what I found:

Positives:

It did not feel heavy. It did not look cakey. Even I could apply it! It lasted through my long days of running around. I did not break out! I loved the way it looked!

Negatives:

I had to trouble shoot at first (but there are plenty of videos on how to do this and with many makeups it is the same!)

Trouble shoot you ask?

The first time I tried it I had just gotten home from work, saw it on my bed and wanted to try it IMMEDIATELY. So I did. It did not look good. I panicked and thought I just spent all this time and money (I’m cheap) on something I’m never going to use again! But…Some of the videos I first watched talked about this.

The next day I went to Ulta, bought a primer, washed my face when I got home, and restarted. It worked!

3. The Company

The entire goal of the company is to make life easier for women. 
To create a makeup that can be put on with little effort, that looks flawless, and does exactly what you need. 

I read all about Cara, watched some of her videos, and fell in love! She is all about helping each other out! She wants you to be confident and see your own beauty. To enhance it and love what you have! Just check out her company's mission statement:

So, like Cara always says, Get out there gorgeous and rock it!


Check out my post on IIID foundation to learn more!






Comments

Popular Posts